Interesting,isn't it on how expensive ingredients make the food different. It's really how it is done. I know I'm a decent cook but I never get the temperature right when I stirfry. My brother on the other hand is a natural. He saved me more than once from my barely edible meal.
The artical appeals to one dream, either of getting rich or living like the rich. This is the later. IT is on how to make a gourment meal out of cheap frozen easy to buy food. Eric Ripert is a great chef, his food is morden clean and beautiful. Never tasted it myself but if people say it's good it is good. He has a great reputation on things that need to be fresh like sea food.
I still wonder if it's the best choice, people like him would never have tasted the things he used before is a major disadventage. Skill and talent may be more important but knowing the food is part of it too.
First course, I'd say is cheese tortelloni with sundried tomatoes and gumball-size mozzarella. After watching eight seasons of top chef and two season of maste chef I voted its the easy way out dish. It's a dish that if you do it right you'd can miss the mark. How hard could it be with all those years of experince. It is sided with Bumble Bee tuna, seasoned assertively with Gold’s Deli Mustard, was turned into tuna rillettes. The idea I think is add something more so that there is more flavor and texture to it. Mustard is good and looks really expensive as it looks really made from scrach.
Overall it is a 7.
Then it is fallowed with a butter sauce was whisked into shape to dress frozen crab cakes and Seabrook Farms vegetables. THIS looks good, I bet you can't really even tell the difference. Fried food makes it harder to tell how fresh the food really is. So it's a great choice even if it would be the last thing I would order at a restuarant.
Overall it is a 9.
My personaly favor disator is the salmon. "Wild salmon for 99 cents!" Mr. Ripert said, in disbelief. Well I don't ether, nobody believes it. it's still salmon so I'd eat it. Canned coconut milk went into jasmine rice and jarred marinara sauce was used for baked salmon filets. Peronaly, I'd think the jasmine rice and coconut milk sould be the dessert eaten with can fruit it would be desent. I'm not sure if it's the asian in me thinking or that I hate drippy rice. Doesn't it look drippy and soggy to you? I'll tell you what I usualy do with this type of fish is a teriyaki source and white rice. Simple good and tasty, the easy way out.
Overall it is a 6.
Out on the other side is pigs in a blanket, comfort food that is ment to be eaten the way they are made. Then came almond nougat parfaits with orange coulis, tasty? I'm not sure what you were thinking but I know what we were hopping to see, easy chocolate that look great and taste like heaven. A nice no bake dessert would be nice too. It's a lost for me as I'm not impress even if those parfaits look good and really expensive.
Overall it is a 4.
see
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/dining/26nside.html?_r=3
So I'm coming to a conculsion that look for items that you could find in a fancy place and try to simple it down. Find a cheaper verson of it and it will work.
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น